View Single Post
Old March 7, 2013, 01:03 AM   #24
Lemmon

Thanks Lee Precision...

In the early 70s I bought my first center fire pistol in Spartanburg, SC. My Ruger Security Six was a wonderful pistol and I still have it today. I found out that even in the early 70's the cost of ammunition was high. I visited a gun shop in Columbia and one of the salesmen suggested that I reload. He sold me the 38/357 classic Lee Loader, a pound of powder, 100 small pistol primers and 100 lead round nose bullets. His main selling point was that I would save a lot of money. I was single and live with two other guys and they enjoyed me "Whacking" the brass in the Lee sizing die. They called it "Tap - Tap - Darn" imitating my sounds that I was making especially when one of the primers blew up unexpectedly. I quickly bought a Lee priming tool that took care of the "Bang" in the priming process. They also enjoyed going out with me to shoot.

This started me in reloading and I have been somewhat active all these years. I did take a break when I met my wife to be and started a family.

Lee started me out reloading which I thank them for having an economical starting kit for me to reload. Thanks Lee Precision...

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina

Page generated in 0.03517 seconds with 8 queries