View Single Post
Old March 15, 2012, 08:29 PM   #20
Vortexyz

oneounce,
You're making a lot of assumptions about me and my views that are unfounded.

I expressed my views on preventing further occurrences of this nature in my original post, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the government taking responsibility or the police protecting me. I was advocating for the right of students and faculty who are authorized to carry concealed to do so on campus.

As far as blaming the university, I simply stated that I feel, in my own personal opinion, that the school could have handled the situation differently and that it may have altered the outcome for the better. I have a right to that opinion just as you have a right to disagree with it.

You are right, not everyone does have their phone on them all of the time. However, our alert system is composed of many other components that help to warn people of impending or current crises (warning sirens, cell phone texts, radio, email, electronic signs in the classrooms). I realize most of this was implemented after the tragedy, but it showed its effectiveness during the events of last December.

I still feel that allowing lawful citizens to carry on campus is the best option for deterring another attack.

I apologize if you felt insulted by my calling you a troll, but your extremely sarcastic response to my post rubbed me the wrong way.

I hope we can continue this thread in a more mature and less personal manner.

Page generated in 0.02733 seconds with 8 queries