View Single Post
Old November 23, 2009, 08:16 AM   #5
draggon

I have 3 ultrasonic units. Don't know what I did without them.

Bought the first, a refurbished medical unit for cleaning jewellery, but it handles about 100 pistol cases fine. It whetted my appetite for US cleaners.

Was given a huge US cleaner that a hospital no longer required, too big for routine jobs so I bought another one off eBay which is just perfect for reasonably large quantities (100's) of rifle cases. Had no problem at all with it.

Go to eBay and search for ultrasonic cleaners dental, around the 5 to 6.5 litre size. These are being supplied by Chinese manufacturers directly and when I looked earlier today they were around the US 200 to 250 mark including shipping. They have drain valves, digital timers, heaters, trays all included. Make sure you get the correct voltage.

I have settled on a solution of citric acid, around 5%, with a dash of windscreen wiper detergent as my cleaning solution. About 30 minutes depending on machine and number of cases. Not as aggressive as vinegar but doesn't require neutralising, just a good rinse. Also passivates brass preventing further corrosion over time.

Page generated in 0.03148 seconds with 8 queries