View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 08:27 AM   #11
Magnum Wheel Man

well... if it doesn't have to be a current production, perhaps you could find one of these on Gun Broker... or ???

about a year ago, I was in my local Gun Store, & this rifle caught my eye... gorgous wood, nice stainless, fluted barrel, jeweled bolt, etc... I picked it up, & it was an unfired 100th aniversary of the 30-06, in a Remington 700... never even had a scope mounted on it... I was able to do a trade for a Remington 700 Mountain rifle in 30-06 & just a little cash for the rifle... I still haven't shot it, would think it was made in 2005 or 2006, since that was the 100th year of the cartridge...

oh... BTW... it had a really nicely engraved mag floor plate stating 100th aniversary of the 30-06 cartridge... maybe not special to too many, but it's one of my favorites, & so far only a wall hanger for me ( I have several bolt action 30-06's so I don't "have" to shoot it ) but may someday, just because it's such a nice rifle... if you could find a rifle like that, I'm guessing it would be your fathers new favorite...

here is one listed on Gun Broker right now... that looks just like mine, when I bought it...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=313005829

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; October 26, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.02409 seconds with 8 queries