View Single Post
Old June 5, 2008, 10:48 PM   #9
Ruger4570

I have never met an Elk I had to shoot at 1000 yards. Even with my very limited skills, I have not seen one I couldn't get within 200 yards or closer of. Shooting a living, breathing animal at 1,000 yards is a travasty. If you are so shallow of a person or so unskilled as to not find the way to get closer, well, you shouldn't be hunting.
I really don't care if you can hit a paper cup at 1,000 yards, ethical says you have no right in even be taking the chance of a wounded Elk.
1,000 yards, that is well more than half a mile away. I would like to see where you hunt where that is your ONLY chance to tag an Elk is that far away. I have never seen a place like that and I have shot my fair share of Elk all over Arizona and Colorado.
I will say, a hunter like you,,I need to rephrase that, you are NOT a hunter, you are an experimenter, would never be welcome in our camp with REAL hunters.
They will crawl on their bellies for 100's of yards to get close to their quarry for a sure kill, not a wound and the ability to brag about a 1,000 yard shot and leaving out the details about missing or wounding.
I hate to rant like this, but you really got me steamed and I just wanted you to know, there are HUNTERS out there, not Experimenters and Idiots like you...

Last edited by Ruger4570; June 5, 2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Spelling and to add some more insults to a person that should not be allowed to hunt

Page generated in 0.04079 seconds with 8 queries