View Single Post
Old February 1, 2000, 01:34 PM   #9
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

Wow nice to see my name mentioned..

So what would you like to know??

Colorado's big game season has been split into 4 moddules this year with an early elk only season and the traditional "third season" is now in mid-november can you say SNOW?

Coyotes are in season now.. and YES you do have to possess a small game license to hunt, which means a hunter safety card.

I'd be more than willing to share my experiences and advice with anyone in or out of Colorado. I MIGHT even tell you about a good place or two to hunt.

Getting started:

Decinding WHAT you want to hunt comes first, followed by WHERE you'd like to do it. Coinneach I know some country where you should bring BOTH rifles to camp.. some days you'll bust brush and on other days you'll be in open woods and meadows.

You might also consider trying for an antelope tag... in Colorado or Wyoming.

there is obviously MORE to this subject than I can cover in one posting.. so if you'd like feel free to drop me an e-mail, or buy me a beer and I'll bring you a shopping list.

I'm planning on attending the rally at the Gov's Mansion Thursday night (Feb 3) so I'll be out on the town.. maybe a beer after??

Elk hunting in the high country is tough work and being in reasonable physical shape is important, followed closely by a good sleeping bag, excellent boots and warm clothing arranged in layers.. after you've squared away your survival gear THEN start worrying about rifles and cartridges.

Anyway,

I gotta get back to the grind.. so like I said, E-mail me if you have any questions/concerns/ or would just like more info.

BTW I'm NOT a licensed outfitter or anything.. just a guy who thinks a walk in the woods is made better with a rifle in your hands.

Dr.Rob

Page generated in 0.06569 seconds with 8 queries