View Single Post
Old October 22, 2011, 01:19 PM   #23
Ed Jaws

Thanks Nocturnus31 and Panfisher, It's been quite shocking to hear of his passing. He was one of the good guys.

To a couple of members that seemed to suggest that he would have avoided this situation had he gotten a divorce first, I respectfully disagree. Mrs. Gable was obviously disturbed mentally. Read the timeline article I posted. Even a friend of hers stated that she spoke with Michelle and was concerned for her mental health. They had been separated for over 2 years with her living in Maryland and him in Montana. This played out like a bad "B" movie with her professing her love for him, then shooting him.

I think DonP is right on both counts... a piece of paper would not have stopped her from shooting and we can't assume anything about his private life that wasn't in the articles. We can't even assume who's guns they were.

I also think Patriot86 expressed my belief better than I did in his post. Right or wrong, you can't count on self defense 100% of the time. No win, even if Joe defended himself and killed her in self defense, he'd have to live with that. Of course, PAX is right in her statement.

The other thing that bothers me is I don't carrying when at home. Yes, I'm careful if someone rings the doorbell and I've tried to drill this in my wife's head. Always be aware of your surroundings. Luckily I'm happily married and too old to have crazy ex girlfriends roaming around.

So let me ask this... how many of you carry in your home?

Page generated in 0.02834 seconds with 8 queries