View Single Post
Old November 25, 2011, 12:34 PM   #1
Uncle Malice

Pistol buffer tube on SBR build while waiting for stamp?

So I've been doing a lot of research the past couple days since I finally received my complete 10.5" side charger upper from ASA in preparation for my build. I also have the lower basically complete at this point too...

From what I have been able to research, it looks like it would be perfectly legal for me to put a pistol buffer tube onto my lower and use the gun as a pistol AR while I wait for my stamp.

The lower was purchased as a virgin, stripped lower, so it was not sold as a rifle... according to the research I have done, there is nothing wrong with setting this up as a pistol (I thought that I had heard that a pistol ar had to be registered as such, but upon further investigation, if it's a custom build, there is no requirement so long as you do not violate NFA rules).

Has anyone else done this? It seems like it would be a great way for me to start enjoying my $2,000+ investment right away while I wait the 4-5 months for my stamp to come back.

Cheers!

Page generated in 0.02505 seconds with 8 queries