Thread: at the range
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2005, 06:21 PM   #1
mill hunky

at the range

arrived at the range 1/2 hr. after day light. beauitful morning. saw a young man w/ a new kel-tec 9 . accurate. 2 men came and i moved my spotting scope to another bench. one guy talked to me while his buddy set up. the buddy had an olimpic?ar-15, was on the quiet side. they had 2 ar-15`s, scopes, rails, lights. a couple hunting rifles, pistols, 1-sks. long stoy short- kevin walked down to the 100 yd. range to change his targets, i was just standing there. his buddy picked up the sks, w/ a fixed 30 rd. mag., w/ weapon on bench, muzzel pointed in the air down range, started to load the mag holding the bolt open, after seeing he wasn`t really paying attention to what was going on , and was having trouble holding the bolt open while loading, i moved in closer in case he pointed the weapon directly at his friend about 50 yds. coming back. as quietly as i could , i told him his friend is down range . panic was on his face, he didn`t know what to do w/ the loaded weapon. he tried moving the bolt all the way open. i suggested , pretend it is your hunting rifle and push the top rd. down w/ your thumb, and slide the bolt over the rd. in the mag. this done , safety on, i walked back to my bench , packed up and left. rich

Page generated in 0.03367 seconds with 8 queries