View Single Post
Old June 20, 2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Paul B.

"One of those RCBS or Hornady automatic powder dispensers. $300 is a bit steep, so I will just do it the old fashioned way. But dang, that is pretty slick."

A couple of years back I got involved in a serious load work up for my ex-son in law. He'd just bought a Winchester M70 Featherweight in .300 WSM and a friend gave him a handload recipe which he insisted I use. Checked in my load manuals and while it was in a safe range, I told him to leave the gun with me, give me a couple of weeks to work up the load and a few others. He furnished the powder, brass bullets and primers. Turned out "his" load and the gun did not get along.
I tried getting that bullet to work but no go. I had to go to the gun store to get more components so my wife went along for the ride. While at the store I pointed out the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 and that one of these day I was gonna get me one of those. She said why not today? I did not have to be told twicw and wish I'd had one years ago. I'd quit using powders like 4831 because of what a PITA it was running them though a conventional measure.
I still use a conventional powder measure for loading handgun brass though.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.02074 seconds with 8 queries