View Single Post
Old March 10, 2005, 03:26 PM   #61
FirstFreedom

Absolutely, y'all are right...this from tyme's link:

Quote:
Witnesses said the gun was pointed at the floor and when he released the slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh.
No, no, no, no, NO! It was NOT fired "when" he "released the slide". It was fired AFTER that, when he *pulled the trigger*. neangryasslookingicon:

Quote:
"The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew.
Hmmm, now that is a little odd, because I could not hear any screaming or crying in the video - maybe it was a sound issue.

Quote:
"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."
Yap, there ya go- some anti-gunners created - thank you, federal tax dollars at work!

LAK, I agree! I am a firm believer in the "pinkie check" (physical inspection), in addition to a visual inspection. Unfortunately, however, this would not have helped in this situation, even with a pinkie check, because the chamber WAS empty. Until he released the slide, that is. You've got to do a visual check, physical check, AFTER RELEASING THE MAG FIRST.

Page generated in 0.02673 seconds with 8 queries