View Single Post
Old August 23, 2009, 09:33 AM   #13
ChileVerde1

Kayla-

Yep that will clear a snap cap. Snap caps ar not just for dry firing they can be a valuable training aid. You can load your own, staggered in your mag at the range with live rounds and you won't remember where the "dud" is then execute a tap-rack-bang. Like I said, you can also use them to "stage" other types of malfunctions that are not cleared by a tap-rack-bang, for example, a double feed or failure to extract. Place a snap cap into the chamber of your weapon with the slide locked back and then depress the slide release after inserting a fresh magazine with snap caps creating the malfunction when the round coming out of the mag hits the round round already in the chamber.

Place the weapon back into your duty holster, draw your weapon and clear the malfunction. This malfunction requires you to extract the magazine with your fingers ( somtimes your nails), drop it to the floor, and then slam the slide back and forth until the stuck round is extracted. Then load a fresh mag snap caps and fire simulating being back in the fight!!

Again when I do this I keep all live ammo in another room!!!! These drills are taught at many LEO Academy's basic firearms courses.

Page generated in 0.03273 seconds with 8 queries