View Single Post
Old June 3, 2012, 05:49 PM   #10
bedbugbilly

Check out Track Of The Wolf - they stock parts, custom kits, etc. If you're wanting a nice percussion rifle, you can either use a rough stock blank or get a pre-carved stock.

I'm not knocking Dixie . . . but shop around first. Take a look at Track and see what they have to offer - look in Muzzle Blasts as well at some of the other suppliers . . . then make up your mind.

There are lots of suppliers out there . . some of whom offer "kits in the white". Tennessee Valley Arms (TVA) is another one to check out. I'm not current on what some of the prices are now but your budget and some careful shopping should provide you with a wood quality lock, barrel and furniture to put together a decent simple southern style rifle . . . something that's different from the "run of the mill" kit guns.

Good luck!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries