View Single Post
Old August 7, 2008, 03:54 AM   #7
MTMilitiaman

Quote:
I stand (ok sit) corrected regarding penetration issues through walls. However, I will still trust my life more to .45ACP than .223 when shot directly at a perp standing 6 ft away from me.
Which is still foolish.

I love the .45 ACP as a handgun round and as a general rule, vehemently despise the 5.56 as a rifle round. I'll be the first to demean it as a "poodle shooter," and being woefully unimpressed by the one critter I shot with it over 55 pounds, pretty much refuse to do so again. But if I have a choice between a .45 in a handgun or carbine, or a 5.56mm rifle, in most cases, I am picking the 5.56. The only exceptions would be when the 5.56 is loaded with a lightweight varmint bullet. If it has a 69 or 77 gr OTM, or even the standard M855 ball round, sign me up--there isn't a .45 ACP load on the market that is even close to being as effective as the 5.56.

Repeat this 100x slowly, or until it sinks in:

Rifles are rifles, handguns are handguns.

I will never take a knife to a handgun fight, a handgun to a shotgun fight, or a shotgun to a rifle fight.

Got it?

It just so happens that I put myself in a position to never have to choose between the 5.56 and the .45. I got 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 around to handle sticky situations.

Page generated in 0.02427 seconds with 8 queries