View Single Post
Old December 28, 2007, 10:09 AM   #23
p99guy

Ahh Greg your not able to crush my soul even with the full backing of HK lol
The G36 and its off spring is the ultimate British Aerospace/ Sterling AR18, though BA no longer owns HK, the legacy of it lives on. If 100 organizations each own 200 rifles, does that make it universal? When the same question is posed about the P90 PDW on the internet, its deemed a resounding no.
The HK does have one thing going for it, and thats its overall price which makes it more cost effective in initial unit procurement than the M4 from Colt when purchased by anyone that isnt buying 300,000 units at a time(then Colt gives a really nice price break) Hell we can get a G36 cheaper than a MP5 these days at departmental cost. On the all guns melt front, the M16 and variants will warp a gas tube before it destroys the barrel or receiver- while that does put it out of action, its not permately harmed. Sources? being in on tests at Blackwater( you DONT want a XCR rifle either, they pulled out of the tests due to breakage, the SAR21 made it though ok though)
Im glad you love your HK's( I like my P7) but dont try to sell us that they are without problems/23rd century tech made from materials salvaged from Roswell lol.

I do miss ol' Phil Singleton being head of HK training Div, we knocked back a pint or two back in the day.(and it was intertaining to see the USAF combat arms folks as he er ah "damaged" thier rifle range with a HK69) and base housing called the Security Police because bullets was hitting their roofs after going vertical at the berm.(HK21)

So do you get a paycheck from HK ,or are you just an avid fan?

Page generated in 0.02941 seconds with 8 queries