View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013, 05:31 PM   #22
Slopemeno

I've played a ton of paintball, and I can tell you that hits to the gun/hand/face are common.

I'm a left hander when it comes to writing, but otherwise right-handed when it comes to anything else like shooting. Back when I shot in our Action Shooting league I excelled at the "weak-hand" stages, and I do really well shooting right handed on the left tape of the paintball field (i.e.- leaning left side out from behind the barricade, but shooting off the right shoulder).

In my experience- the old PPC style barricade is the closest parallel I can draw with FoF barricade shooting. I designed a stage once that was 6 standing left side, 6 standing right side, then kneeling left, kneeling right, etc. When I started getting involved in paintball I met the last guy to use a pump in tournament play (Marty from the Ironmen) and his "Marty Drill" was almost the exact same thing, just with two guys using trees as barricades shooting at each other with paintball guns- what a coincidence. And fun.

I don't think weak hand shooting needs to be complicated- some dry firing would be a great way to start.

Page generated in 0.02492 seconds with 8 queries