View Single Post
Old November 23, 2013, 01:31 PM   #37
dogtown tom

Quote:
JimmyR Personally, I think shipping might be more expensive and more of a legal hassle than you want to deal with.
Since neither UPS or FedEx will ship to a nonlicensee the idea of shipping the gun by the OP to friend or family is moot.

The OP's easiest option is shipping to a dealer who will hold it for her.

Quote:
Find a Pawnbroker with an FFL. Pawn the guns for a few dollars, and they give you a certain amount of time to get them back. Once you return to the states, you can either go back and pick it up, or (if the pawnbroker will let you, something worth investigating ahead of time), mail them a check for what you owe (typically the amount of the "loan" plus 10-15%) plus shipping to an Ohio FFL of your choice. You then have 1) Safe storage of your weapon, 2) Travel cash, and 3) no legal hassles.
Very convulted and overly complicated vs just shipping it to any Ohio FFL who stores it until they move to Ohio.

Quote:
If the pawn shop is an FFL, then they would be able to ship the weapon via US Mail, and that can often be cheap enough to offset the 10-15% you have to pay them and the FFL transfer in your new home state.
Tell me how paying a pawn shop a percentage PLUS transfer fee is cheaper than having an AZ dealer mail it to the Ohio dealer?

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.04286 seconds with 8 queries