Thread: Frog Lube
View Single Post
Old November 3, 2011, 12:06 AM   #18
Jerry45

Frog Lube came in today. I did two Glocks my 1911 carry gun and my AR. I washed my hand after doing each gun and I’ve washed them twice more. They are still slick. Not greasy but slick. Feels like I have Silicone on them. Any indication of its lubricating ability? I hope so.

The guns were “clean” before I started and I cleaned them with alcohol as per instruction. I heated them in the oven (no hair drier and there ain’t no sun at night). The paste turned to liquid on contact. When the parts cooled the FL turned back to paste. When I wiped everything down with the supplied microfiber rag it turned out they weren’t that clean. If nothing else it did a good job of cleaning and made everything nice and shiny.

I said I wasn’t going to use it in the boar. I decided to run some in one of the Glock barrels. The barrel boar had been cleaned with Hoppies until patches came out clean. As per instructions I scrubbed the boar vigorously, with a new brush, loaded with FL. After it cooled I ran a clean patch through. It came out black. Second patch came out clean.

I’m suppressed at how little paste it took to do a complete AR, (I mean everything from stem to stern) I removed the hand guards and the stock and did the rifle completely in and out and three pistols completely in and out.

I’m going to try to get to the range next week. I’ll take the AR and one of the Glocks. We’ll see how it goes.

Last edited by Jerry45; November 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries