View Single Post
Old August 8, 2001, 04:07 AM   #15
Guyon

Well, I have actually gotten a pretty decent sense of what the wrench looks like, just by reading these posts. I haven't even looked closely at the nut yet. I just knew from previous posts that I'd more than likely need one to change the fore end, so I thought I'd get the wrench before I even got into the task.

What was confusing me is that the wrenches are fashioned in two different ways. One is just a flat piece of steel cut at the end to engage the two recesses in the nut. The other is a round piece of metal--a pipe basically--cut to fit the same notches at one end and with a handle at the other end. (This is the more expensive wrench that Brownells sells.)

Seems to me that it is similar to a spike wrench for a golf cleat. And those come in two models as well. I have both the nice, round kind that I bought as well as the flat pieces of metal that come with a pack of spikes.

"Tastes like chicken" is genetically ingrained in our taste buds here in the South, so I can't imagine anyone who can't relate. Unless of course they're from Louisiana. Then you just say, "Tastes like gator."

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries