View Single Post
Old March 20, 2009, 08:56 PM   #13
mskdgunman

Some people don't live in a bad area to begin with but the bad area comes to them. I bought my house some 10 years ago in the city where I work on the salary of a single cop so, while the neighborhood is ok, it's not what I would call upper class...more like lower middle class. But, I've noticed the slow, inevitable creep of the "hood" as it works it's way south. All it takes is for home owners to move out and start renting their old places out or sell them to people who rent them out. In my experience, thats when the trouble starts as the owners sometimes don't care who they rent to and since they don't live next to them, they don't care if they have a meth lab in the garage or not. Most houses we hit for dope are not owned by the people living there.

If I want to keep my take home car, I stay in the city. With the housing market being what it is, I don't stand much chance of selling right now and probably couldn't get much better even if I did for the amount I want to spend. I refuse to be one of those folks who have a mortgage they can barely pay and have to rely on off duty details to pay their bills.

It's easy to say "pick up and move" but in reality, it's not practical for many (if not most) people. You make the best of what you have and hope for the best. If I win the lottery, I'll move to the boonies but until then, I am where I am because thats what I can afford and where my job is.

Page generated in 0.03864 seconds with 8 queries