View Single Post
Old December 14, 2005, 01:41 AM   #48
gmatov

Mec,

A couple posts back you said the ASM Walker had, I think, "quite a few " problems. Is this from any particular date, like in 1987 they went to "bottom line" instead of quality control?

Regardless, the Gun Works has all parts in stock. They could, I think, be made good.

What is the value of an ASM Walker in "good" condition? I ask because I have seen a couple for what "might" be reasonable prices. What is "too high" to pay? 200, 250, 300?

Heck, I haven't looked, wasn't that interested, what is the going rate for a "new" Walker?

Haven't got your book. My B&N didn't have it in stock last night (Mon).

The pic where you are shooting APP powder, was it taken after the smoke cleared? My last shoot, APP makes tons of smoke that smells bad, 777 makes less smoke, but it doesn't smell as bad. APP doesn't smell like BP, it just stinks like "What the heck is burning?"

Also, how about an 1863 Rem, by Pietta, 31 cal., brass frame, spur trigger, for some of those who are looking for a "pocket pistol"? What are they worth, "listed" at 215, price is now at 135, 9 units at Dutch style, 6 bucks shipping. Hey, it's a little pistol, weighs less. I know they're brass, don't know if there was an original brass model, but still Pietta, mebbe from before they cleaned up their act, as RK says they did when they went to new machinery.

Questions, questions, questions. If you don't know, ask the man who wrote the book.

Cheers,

George

Page generated in 0.02555 seconds with 8 queries