Thread: New gun book
View Single Post
Old December 26, 2013, 11:47 AM   #5
ClydeFrog

Author's point....

The Gunfighter Nation author made the point that he strongly disagreed with the growing US "prepper" attitude & the rational behind US citizens owning firearms to address take-overs/civil disorders/tyranny/etc.
I agree with a few of his remarks to a point but he lost me when he claimed the Axis Powers(Nazi/Japan/Italy/etc) of the WWII era did not pose a serious threat to CONUS or the US coastline areas.
This has been documented in multiple sources & is common knowledge that both Germany & Japan had several plans of sabotage/arson/assassins/etc.

Who does this journalist/academic think would have dealt with these possible threats had the plans been carried out?
It was the hard work & dedication of the US armed forces and federal LE agencies/intel groups that kept these actions from becoming successful.

I'd add that I agree with the last post. To claim that "legal guns become crime guns" is bogus.
I've bought & sold many handguns in the last 20 years or so. I've never had a firearm stolen or had a gun grab.
Does that happen? Yes! Is it going on 1000s of times a day all across the USA? No!
If thefts or gun crime were major problems, I'm 100% sure the media or academics would point that out.

CF

Page generated in 0.02048 seconds with 8 queries