View Single Post
Old July 20, 2010, 04:31 AM   #15
phil mcwilliam

Most memorable?, I guess they are all memorable, thats why I keep on hunting.
Early memories include hunting rabbits with an air rifle at 12 years of age. I was allowed to take the old land rover & spotlight rabbits at our hay shed with friends at 4 in the morning.
At 14 I graduated to a 22 but remember that darn brother of mine only ever letting me take 2 bullets with me - said it would teach me to shoot straight.
Now Im in my mid fortys a lot of memorable hunts have happened since then including being dropped of by cessna on the gravel banks of a remote river in South Island New Zealand chasing Red Deer , being flown into a million acre property in far north Australia pig shooting for a week, a 9 day African plains game hunt, camping out hunting Sambar deer in the Victorian Alps in Australia(every year for the past 15 years), hunting rabbits on my brother in laws sheep station(over 90 rabbits shot in a weekend), the monthly trips to my mates 2,000 acre cattle property hunting pigs, goats, deer, foxes,& roos, to name a few.
These and more are all memorable hunts, & some have been unsuccessful, some we got lost, some we got bogged, some we broke down, a few involved trips to hospital to fix broken bones, some we hunted in snow & some I hunted in 120 degrees, but all were memorable.

Last edited by phil mcwilliam; July 20, 2010 at 04:45 AM.

Page generated in 0.03162 seconds with 8 queries