View Single Post
Old March 30, 2013, 09:47 PM   #1
therealdeal

Question about the Lautenberg Amendment

I apologize for the possible wrong forum but I figured Frank andor Al(or someone else) might be able to quelch my curiosity on a debate I was listening to one day.....

basically lautenberg act amendment of the 1968gun ban:

if someone avoids a domestic violence misdeameanor but gets an assault misdeameanor conviction or a battery misdeameanor conviction, etc, etc, etc but they are NOT considered domestic violence convictions, are they still considered domestic violence via federal law and mess up gun owners or LEOs and so-on because even though it wasnt domestic violence since the misdemeanor conviction involved a family member it still falls under that status??

what is the deal??

again sorry if wrong spot I saw the correct thread earlier but have looke dand looked and haven't seen it since.

I have heard different things, and I know people take plea bargains to protect themselves so that is like the ultimate irony if that came back to haunt someone. I heard back in 1996 at the passage of the law LEOs who had minor misdemeanor convictions were all of a sudden being fired even though the law was passed yrs after their convictions...... I believe these people were DV's though

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)

Page generated in 0.02425 seconds with 8 queries