View Single Post
Old May 8, 2010, 11:11 PM   #20
TXGunNut

I'm with you, orionengnr. A couple of my carry guns (1911's) were (are?) very attractive but have gained a bit of character after years of holster duty. My Kel-Tec was never a pretty new gun but years of pocket polishing has somehow made it more attractive, but that may just be me. Have a couple of J-Frames that only I and their mother could love and I even carried a Glock for a few years and it somehow got better with age.
I'm betting Sevens' EDC gun is not as ugly as he wants us to think. EDC guns ideally get carried a lot, shot as necessary and get all the TLC a tool like that needs. There's something comforting about having an old friend nearby, patiently waiting even if you never need it.
Worn and banged up doesn't make it ugly to me. As long as it's properly maintained my EDC's get better looking all the time, I could care less what other folks think because unless they're fatally stupid or very close to me they'll never see them.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.

Page generated in 0.02751 seconds with 8 queries