View Single Post
Old March 17, 2014, 08:08 AM   #14
kevdrums

From those that are voting for the 1100... You keep mentioning the strict cleaning regiment to keep it running but act like it's a good thing. Is there something about the gun that makes it better than the others that completely outweighs the need to constantly maintain it? I like the idea of reduced felt recoil, but if I can get that with one of the other guns, and not need to worry about spraying it down with break free every hundred rounds, I think I'd like that route. I agree with Virginian that one should take care of their firearms, but there's something to be said for being able to take it out of the safe and not have to worry about it choking until the next available time to clean it, whether that be after every range trip or after 10.
Reading different reviews on action types, one doesn't have to read too far to hear that Benelli's inertia action doesn't reduce recoil and the writer doesn't like them for clays. When you talk to anyone that has shot a Benelli, one of the first things they say is how soft it seems to shoot. Are the writers referring to wood stocked guns without the experience of comfortech stocks? I understand how the action works, and that it can't reduce recoil, but just curious if the comfortech makes up for it enough to be as "soft" as a gas gun.

Page generated in 0.03829 seconds with 8 queries