Thread: Mindset
View Single Post
Old August 18, 2013, 10:44 PM   #124
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

What PAX said in post #111 should be read and re-read by many!!!

I been on this forum for quite awhile.... My start involved many back and forths in threads PAX (Kathy from here on out) was involved or included in...

Many to this day would refer to me as a chest thumping APE in my self defense approach...

Armed or unarmed be it armed with a gun, a knife or just my wits... my mental actions steer me to a head on instant and unexpected forward approach/assault on my threat... If i had a gun I might learn to rethink that to learn to duck and cover behind a trash can... But i do not carry a firearm day to day...

But part of my learning was that many if not most threats (predators) have never thought about the prospects of a bantam weight redneck coming at them with everything available fully intending to stop that threat like a .40 cal can...

I have no idea what to say to investigators, lawyers or jurors to explain my actions other than... "I have no idea... fight or flight and all and flight didn't take place..."...

How you are able to articulate your side can mean everything... the words you choose need planned out to fit YOU... not the situation... that will already bear out in investigation...

Brent

Page generated in 0.03955 seconds with 8 queries