View Single Post
Old November 11, 2011, 11:42 PM   #1
monkey95

Questioning my reaction to incident

I am having an arguement with myself regarding my reaction to the following:

A few months ago on a Sunday night around 8pm I was headed to get gas for my wife so she didn't have to prior to work the next morning. I had to pass a self serve car wash on a side street that dead ends into the main street the gas station is on.

The vacuum area is blocked from the road bya fence but as you pass it you can see the front of the wash. As I pass the fence I notice two teenagers standing in the parking lot but as I slow to a stop I focus on oncoming traffic.

Just as I stop I hear a loud POP! I turn and see one of the teens with a pistol pointed toward the vacuum area and he fires 6 more shots.

I grab my phone all the while trying to remember what they were wearing; orange shirt, grey shirt, orange shirt, grey shirt, dark pants, dark pants, white shoes, red shoes, white shoes, red shoes.

Then I notice they have both turned and looked at me and I think GO!!! But just as I am about to hit the gas they turn and run turning between the next two buildings. I drive home as I call 911 and give the details and interjecting that I thought they were shooting at someone in the vacuum area.

What I am arguing with myself about is did I freeze or did I read the situation and act accordingly?

Part of me says I froze. At the instant I realized what was going on I should have gunned it out of there.

The other part says I read the situation, gathered what info I could and was ready to go when I was noticed.

Granted this took all of 10-15 seconds(felt longer) but is stuck in my brain.

Turns out they shot up the little office where the supplies and coin machine are, but at the time I was sure they had shot someone.

What do you think? Did I freeze or read it right? All opinions appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03037 seconds with 8 queries