View Single Post
Old June 20, 2009, 01:09 PM   #103
MLeake

Taser, pepper spray, other non-lethal...

... might be viable options.

I still say that medium and large dogs can solve all sorts of issues. I somehow think a burglar would be much less complacent when looking at my friend's American Bulldog. Up until last year, I'd have called 911, and if I went out it would have been with a concealed .45 or .357, and the dog (on a leash, to protect against civil suits, to protect the dog in case officers arrived, and also because a leashed dog is a bit more menacing - he hasn't attacked yet because he's held back - if loose and not attacking, maybe the dog isn't really a threat), with cell phone in pocket.

Need to get another big dog myself; my Catahoula made it to 13.5 years, but that was a year ago. Big, friendly baby, but you'd be surprised how many iffy people opted to move away from my property when they saw him. Most dogs are really good at picking up the monster vibe from people, and the teeth that are never shown will become more noticeable, and the snarls that almost never happen will start up.

Had a Rott/Shepherd mix a few years back who was also a big sweetie, but she recognized BGs when she saw them; whole different personality emerged. Kept some would-be attackers back from my ex long enough for her to produce a 9mm and send them running. (One of the two was a known stalker, so we assumed his buddy was probably an accomplice.)

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries