View Single Post
Old October 7, 2012, 11:00 AM   #50
Sinkhole

Do you prefer Striker Fired or Hammer Fired? IMHO the hammer fired SA/DA guns generally have have a lighter/shorter trigger pull, which is typically better for target shooting, all other things being equal. In this class of guns I'd personally recommend the following.
  • FNH FNX-9
  • SIG P229 / P226
  • Beretta 92F / M-9
  • CZ75
  • Browning Hi-Power
If you prefer striker fired guns I would recommend the following
  • S&W M&P9/ M&P9L
  • Ruger SR9
  • FNH FNS-9
  • Glock G17
  • Springfield XDm 4.5

There are also other fine full size 9mm handguns out there, but these are a few of my recommendations.
I would look at what fits into your price range, then go and fire them if you can and at very minimum go handle one to see if it fits your hand well and if you like the trigger feel. I personally bought my FNX-9 with out firing it first. My decision was solely base on feel in my hand and trigger pull. I was not disappointed. It is my favorite 9mm FS hammer gun.

May I add one piece of advice. If you are looking a something like an M&P you might want to consider a 40S&W version simply because you can convert an M&P40 to .357Sig with only a barrel swap and to 9mm with only a barrel swap and mags. Just some food for thought. just do some research and and ask question during you decision making phase.

Last edited by Sinkhole; October 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 8 queries