View Single Post
Old June 27, 2008, 04:59 PM   #23
gvf

No, I haven't, but because it's instructive about stopping-power as well as a specific description I was given of being shot, I'll relate the experience of a friend, from years ago:

In his apt. alone, there was a knock at the door, mid-afternoon. Opening it he saw a man with a gun standing there who demanded his wallet. He complied. The man ran away and just as he turned to do so, my friend heard a couple of faint pops.

He said he closed the door, and just stood there, feeling disoriented, he assumed from the shock of the event. He felt nothing else for a bit, then became aware of a feeling of wetness on his shirt around his abdomen, and absent-mindedly put his hand there. It got wet and when he looked at it, it and his mid-section were covered in blood. He's been shot 2x with a .22 in the guts. He called 911, and then fell over and passed out.

Luckily, medics came in time to get him into a hospital, but they almost lost him. He had multiple major surgeries, removal of parts of his intestine - and was generally screwed up physically and psychologically for over a year.

He's OK now. The shooting is thankfully in the remote past.

(The part about "stopping power" is the length of time it took for him to realize even that he'd been shot.)

Page generated in 0.04770 seconds with 8 queries