View Single Post
Old September 23, 2012, 08:21 AM   #1
1911Alaska

GF calls at 4am "drunk guy at front door"

Ok so just got a phone call from my girlfriend at 4am. I am at work and she is up doing homework, and she calls me saying "there is some drunk guy banging on the front door and yelling" and in the backround I can hear him knocking on the door, and it must be pretty loud because she is upstairs in the office.

So I tell her to grab my shotgun and lock herself in the office, she says she doesn't know how to use it, so I tell her to grab my 1911 and my shotgun and lock herself in the office, stay calm, don't answer the door or yell anything out the window to the guy. So she does.

I leave work and head over there. On my way over though I got to thinking. I have my Glock 17 with me with golden sabers, spare mag, and some pepper spray that I had in my car. But its 4am in September in Alaska, It is pretty dark out if I get there and God forbid I have to shoot this guy, I don't have a flashlight or night sights. So I won't be able to see who I am shooting or what I am aiming at.

Lesson learned right there. I am back to work now and I plan on getting online and ordering some night sights and a surefire light.

So back to the story, I get home and guess who it is???

Its my idiot roommate lol. He got back from vacation a night early and for some reason he does not have his keys or his phone on him

So anyways I let him in and now I am back at work.

Now that I am thinking about it, first thing I should have done after I knew my girlfriend was ready, armed and knows to stay in the locked office until she hears from me is to call the local police.

I think I should have just called them explained to them whats going on and have them send an officer over to check it out. At the time the thought never even crossed my mind, my thoughts were "girlfriend is scared and there is someone banging on the front door at 4am, I need to get home and see whats going on".

So my lessons learned from this situation are

1- Call local PD next time
2- Get night sights
3- Get tactical flashlight (any recommendations?)
4- Teach girlfriend how to use the shotgun

So all that being said how do you guys think I handled the situation? I am proud that I remained really calm, especially since my girlfriend called me practically crying over the phone lol.

Anything I should have done different besides what I have pointed out already?

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02636 seconds with 8 queries