View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 08:44 AM   #11
Enoy21

I don't know that it's as rare as you believe my friend....

I personally consider myself Republican conservative.... He is a democratic conservative.

We have very similar views on many things , but several differences....

Neither of us let our vote decide on the party lines... We look at and listen to the officials plans , goals and views ... the one that lines up most with our beliefs and our hopes for the future of this country gets the vote.

He voted Obama , I voted McCain. We are in constant political debates about the economy , and foreign policy ( most recently the economy and the bailouts ). Which BOTH of us disagree with and think it's a foolish move, just for different reasons.

But we both agree that both sides of the fence seem so politically driven and blinded by the party lines that we want to create what we call the "Common F-n sense party" . Because some things are just common sense to any real thinking person that it blows my mind how they contort and change things and seem to have no clue whatsoever.

Personally for me , I never really knew which line I was on because I often found myself middle line. This past election I have found myself ( for the first time in 30 yrs ) really studying the parties and the views and REALLY getting into the politics side of things and found myself to fall way more in line with the republican party..... as I am considered "overly" conservative by most of my friends and family.

In addition to this , a local politician "Mark Warner" is a democrat but is pro Gun and Pro huntsman (sportsman).

Personally I feel that Rifles , shotguns and general hunting will be the very last of the 2nd amendment right to be taken away. No where in the second amendment does it say the "type of arms". So I fear that they will continue to widdle away any type of gun, First assault , then Semi Auto handguns , then all handguns etc ....

until it's nothing left but a shotgun for hunting.

Last edited by Enoy21; April 7, 2009 at 08:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.02906 seconds with 8 queries