View Single Post
Old June 7, 2000, 11:07 AM   #9
James E

OOOH...my head this morning. If you think my eyes look bad...you should see them from this side of the eyeballs. Rainbow six, an interesting topic. I use to shoot all the time at 100 yd. targets. I was using the .44 APC shooting up a motorcycle hill climb that was quite steep at a water filled liter bottle. (plastic} Had just walked up that damn hill and set the target in place when 2 jokers showed up with scoped deer rifles.
We were on a fire road on the side of a mt. I hadn't even fired a shot yet and they were blazing away at my target without asking. Not one hit did they get. Finally got a clip in the Randall and layed my forearms across the cab of our pickup. First shot was about a foot from the bottle, second shot had the hold over range adjusted and POP went the liter bottle. Those guys jaws dropped down to their chest. Too embarresed to say anything they left shortly thereafter. In my younger days when eyeballs were good I shot .44 mag and even .22 pistols at 100 yd. targets all the time. Sometimes putting up white paper plates on the back stops. They wern't two inch groups but acceptable for defense purposes.

Jim

Jim

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries