View Single Post
Old March 8, 2009, 04:50 PM   #7
L_Killkenny

I don't believe in SHTF. Just don't and I won't buy a gun based on that. That being said, only you can make the decision. But I say get a gun that fills duel roles. A good SD gun comes to mind. Shotgun first, then a hand gun, then a pistol caliber carbine. Ya ever think about a Hi-Point? How about a good lever gun? (I think you still buy them new at WAlmart for $330). Both have great reps for reliablility and service. They are compact and ammo is everywhere. They are cheap and so is the ammo. It would be a great combo if you are indeed right and I'm wrong about the SHTF.

BTW, I've handled a Rem. 770. I wouldn't buy one on a dare. I've already expressed my disdain for the Mosin. If you're stuck on a rifle I'd find a good used gun. Savages and Stevens are very accurate and durable. Marlin 30/30's can be had for around $200 if you look and $250 about anywhere. Ton's of other good bolt guns that can be had used for a couple hundred. Any of them are better than either the Rem 770 or the Mosin.

Page generated in 0.02319 seconds with 8 queries