View Single Post
Old March 12, 2013, 10:22 AM   #9
REDBULL600

I had a similar experience with my Mother.

Coming from a military background, My father is a Ret Army helicopter pilot; Sgt Maj, people are often surprised when they learn that fact that I am not more familiar with firearms. Both my parents worked for the army (since we lived near the base, it was/is the biggest employer) even after his retirement and often spoke of "training" accidents at the training Ranges. My dad often investigated these, so I now understand why his desire to keep his family away from firearms.

At Christmas we visited the farm and I brought all my handguns, thought I'd get my dad out and do some shooting with him. After bringing up guns I learned he is still very hard lined against guns at least any outside of the Traditional since. WE got into some heated talks. He had no interest in going out and shooting, plus it was like -2 and this is Kansas so the wind was blowing.

I went out and shot anyways, just the .22LR pistol I had just bought. My mother came out and she shot with it and was dead on target. Holy crap. Being a Proud Texas woman I really should not be surprised. She has been asking me about guns ever since. She feels they need something for the RV when they go on the road and stay in RV parks. Sometimes there may not be anyone there but them and she worry's about that. There are times a truck or car rolls through the RV grounds late at night and she gets nervous.

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries