View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 07:34 PM   #3
FiveInADime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin22793
I'll be honest I'm young and new to the rifle world so that's why I'm asking people with a lot of experience for help and discussion. I've gotten decently proficient with my vanguard, i love the gun its a ton of fun to shoot. But I've been looking into different bullet types and grain and I'm not really sure what a lot of it means. I get the more grain=more power or punch, but what does it do for accuracy along with the bullet type. I also know that people say that every rifle barrel is different and that it varies from brand to brand. I'm just looking for a little push in the right direction. I'm currently using the 165 grain SST Hornandy which I've been told is a good brand, just looking for ideas because I've heard this gun can be as accurate as .55? Which is freaky O.o also I'm aware that my relative inexperience in shooting can factor into the accuracy element. Appreciate your time and thank you

On a side note how much different is the v2 besides the trigger and the safety, I'm hopefully looking for a owner to answer this. (accuracy wise?) Also I've heard that the trigger is much better then the v1.
What I would do if I were you is buy a book on cartridges and ballistics or even just a reloading manual with a good instruction section like "The ABCs of Reloading" or the Lyman manual. The reloading manual will come in handy down the road if you shoot a lot. As a rifle enthusiast learns over time, the more time you spend not reloading the more you'll regret that time when you start. Making accurate ammo is easy and you can get set up very cheap. Read the NEWBIE thread in the reloading section here.

Page generated in 0.04752 seconds with 8 queries