View Single Post
Old April 8, 2011, 11:05 AM   #17
natman

Quote:
I just talked to a UPS store close to where I live and he said that no UPS stores are allowed to ship firearms and that I would have to take it to a UPS hub. I then then called the UPS customer service number (I just got off the phone with them) and they told me that to ship a handgun the shipper has to be one of the following:

* Licensced dealer
* Licensced collector
* Manufacturer
Whoever you spoke to does not understand UPS' policies. From their website:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...tml?srch_pos=1

Quote:
UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation from and between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), law enforcement agencies of the United States (or of any department or agency of the United States), law enforcement agencies of any state or department agency (or political subdivision of any state), from and between persons not otherwise prohibited from shipping firearms by federal, state or local law, and when such shipment complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package.
Granted it is a confusing sentence. It starts off talking about licensees of various types, but in the highlighted area it clearly states that it's OK to ship a firearm via UPS between persons not otherwise prohibited by law. This would include a mere mortal shipping to an FFL for sale or repair.

Page generated in 0.02501 seconds with 8 queries