View Single Post
Old February 2, 2016, 03:05 PM   #20
Sevens

I do indeed see the actual printed title of the thread, I will not argue that... but I want to say that we could make somewhat of a case for "actual name of the model" if it was displayed on the box if not on the firearm itself.

Now I will run a bit out of the discussion area... but as a quick example, many or most of us are familiar with the legendary Smith & Wesson ".38 Master", and it would be hard to argue that the semi-automatic .38 Special pistol wasn't named the .38 Master... even though most folks know it better as the Model 52. When S&W dropped the blue two-piece box and moved to the one piece... I think that is when the printed moniker of .38 Master ceased to exist. But perhaps not in the glossy catalog?

This is an interesting topic of discussion, and like most topics of this nature, I always learn a few really cool things from you guys. I hope to hear a few more.

And I will begrudgingly add one revolver just to keep my post in line with the revolver forum:

Don't know if it's the actual name or if it's simply the dumbest phrase S&W ever got the thumbs-up to etch in to the barrel of a revolver. But the big stainless 8-shot N-frame .357 Magnum says ".357 Mag -- Eight Times" on the barrel and I could fill a whole paragraph of my own descriptors of that... precious few of which would escape the clutches of the decency filter. Suffice to say, I think it was a silly thing to stamp on the barrel of a revolver.

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries