View Single Post
Old August 27, 2012, 04:48 PM   #14
rclark

I tested Green Dot and liked it also in .45 Colt, .44Spec, .44Mag, and .357. I used to be just a Unique and 2400 sort of guy. All I ever needed for peanut up to big bore.... But since the last 'scare', I started a crusade to test a 'range' of powders, so if 'my' powder gets scarce again, I can fall back on other powder loads that I know will work too. Even prompted me to get a chronograph.... It's actually been fun, although I now have a 'bunch' of powders sitting on my shelf! In some cases, it has changed the powder I will generally use, such as 5.0g Red Dot (both 158g SWC and 125g SWC/TC) for my target loads in .357 instead of Unique. I now know Universal is a good substitute for Unique as well.... Always something 'new' to learn ... and test....

Hulley, no need to apologize. There are no dumb questions.
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Last edited by rclark; August 27, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 8 queries