View Single Post
Old January 26, 2009, 01:07 AM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

What was the weather like today?

Easy with the lock button mods!!!
Situational awareness time folks!
I was reading up on the thread about a stick up scenario and got to thinking...
How many folks in the good ol' USofA have ZERO S.A. skills.
What was the weather conditions? Yes if yer wet it is raining and if yer leaning 30 degrees as you walk it is windy and if yer butt is sore as you slide on concrete it is likely icy! But was it overcast, clear, partially clouded...
As I walk from the car to the store or vice-versa, I am looking for feet under cars as well as other signs of trouble. even the birds in the dinky trees of a shopping center give off clues as to what is going on. I cannot remember stats, PAX... I admit it...
But some super high number of americans interviewed had ZERO knowledge of the daily weather within seconds of entering an office building and what really woke me up was how many folks tried to just reach in their butt and pull out an answer they thought was suitable. It went on to ask how many had seen a shooting star in their lifetime. I was a young guy at the time and my jaw literally fell open to find I am in a unique percentile having seen many hundreds if not thousands of them.
I am not special I am just AWAKE!!! I thought everyone had seen a shooting star by age 8-10.
someone may well get the jump on me and be holding me at gunpoint but it is not just anyone that has this ability. If folks would approach their day as if it could be their last and only their awareness will save them, we would hear of less violent crime me thinks...
Okay my rant battery is low and needs re-charged now...
Brent

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 8 queries