View Single Post
Old April 1, 2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Webleymkv

If, after considering the possible drawbacks associated with lightening the trigger pull of your Glock, you still feel comfortable carrying one so-modified than go ahead. However, I personally would not feel comfortable with such a setup so I wouldn't reccomend it to most people.

Ayoob and several others have pointed out cases where lightened triggers cause problems for those involved in a shooting. While some will repeat "a good shoot is a good shoot" or some other such cliche, the fact of the matter is that should you find yourself in front of the all-inquisitive grand jury, someone of importance obviously isn't convinced that it was a good shoot.

Also, I personally would not feel comfortable with a trigger that short and light without an active manual safety (truth be told, a stock Glock trigger doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies). Yes, I know "booger hook of the bang switch," "safety between your ears," and all of that and, in an ideal world, that would be enough. However, we do not live in an ideal world and I'm realistic enough to consider that when I'm in fear for my life and have tunnel vision with a heart rate of 180bpm or more, I just might not have perfect trigger finger discipline. Because of this, I prefer either an active manual safety or a longer, heavier DA trigger pull so that firing the gun takes at least some conscious effort.

Were I to carry a Glock (I don't because they're just not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons), I would likely modify the trigger, but rather than lightening it I would probably install an NY1 unit to increase the pull weight thus making it safer in my estimation.

Page generated in 0.03664 seconds with 8 queries