View Single Post
Old July 15, 2005, 10:25 AM   #4
jasonc84

"he is also trying to tell me it doesnt matter on the weight of the bullet to kill and animal"

That might be true for a wide open shot but in alot of cases you would have to shoot through brush or tree limbs which the heavier bullet would be better. It would go through brush better than a lighter bullet.

"an hes trying to tell me that it doesnt matter on the expansion of the bullet that a normal soft point bullet does the same as a hollow point and expands and penetrates like a ballistic tipped bullet"

If thats true why can i shoot a coyote with a soft point and it runs a few feet before dropping. Then i shoot one with a ballistic tip and it knocks it down so hard it tumbles. Ballistic tip and Hollow points expand faster than soft points. And for the most part Ballistic tips will expand wider than a soft point because most soft points have partitions which keeps it from expanding past a point. You are right about the penetration thing, you may want a little more penetration with big game. IMHO the heavier bullets perform better as far as expansion goes because they are longer and will expand wider.

Page generated in 0.02683 seconds with 8 queries