View Single Post
Old November 19, 2013, 07:58 PM   #29
barnbwt

Quote:
I "made" a Glock magazine, barrel and slide on a 3D printer in 1997. I put it on a Glock frame and shot a complete magazine of 9mm training rounds out of it. A friend who is LEO walked it through a metal detector, fully loaded, to see what happened. It was not detected. Nothing new.
Any references to this test? I am also skeptical based on my experiences with rapid prototyping materials; at theoretical best they are no stronger than injection-moulded plastics, and those are all far too weak for something Glock-sized (or else Hi-Point would be making them that way :P). I won't say "never," though, since this could be super-ninja-science DARPA stuff you were dealing with . I am calling BS on the metal-detector claim however, unless the ability to detect metal by magnetic field monitoring is a hoax. Reliable plastic bullets, cases, and primers are a more shocking (and profitable) development than even plastic firearms.

TCB

Page generated in 0.03421 seconds with 8 queries