View Single Post
Old February 6, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1
GunXpatriot

9mm Carbine vs .45acp Carbine?

I was looking around youtube and found out about hi-points extremely affordable carbines. I haven't found one complaint on them and I've looked for a LOT of feedback. People say they dont look too good, but I kinda like the way they look.

Anyway, I plan on getting one. I've always wanted a rifle in 9mm or .45acp. I think I'll pass on the .40s&w as of right now.

Would a .45acp be more useful over a 9mm in a carbine? I mean, yeah, it has more stopping power, but both will have somewhat increased velocity, so I think the 9mm would be pretty sufficient?

Ammo Prices... I'm honestly not familiar with any of the 3 cartridges. Don't own any pistols. All are available where I live, 9mm and .45acp seem more popular, but as a result, it would seem .40S&W is generally more plentiful. How do prices compare between cheap plinking ammo and premium defense ammo?

Final question. Is .40S&W an intermediate cartridge between 9 and 40? Some say yes, some say no. Anyone have any more information on such a thing?

Sorry to be a total bother, but I figured it's way easier to get info on an extremely active forum than searching google for hours!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Page generated in 0.03831 seconds with 8 queries