View Single Post
Old March 5, 2011, 09:33 PM   #15
glockcompact

I'm a former infantry Marine. I carried the M16 quite a bit in the four years I was in. First of all I will say I love that rifle. It still gives me chills when I pick one up. About two years ago I finally decided to get my own AR-15. I had been wanting one for quite a while for a SHTF situation but never got one. So I spent a lot of time on the internet browsing manufactures. I will tell you this I didn't want the full 20" ar15. Even though I loved the M16 it just felt to long for me. It was cumbersome climbing in and out of helicopters, fast roping or getting in and out of vehicles or moving through buildings. I wanted a shorter weapon. I also wanted to keep the range. After hours and hours on the internet I decided on a 16" chambered in the 6.5 Grendel from Alexander arms. I put a 3x ACOG on it and WOW what a shooter. It's considerable quicker then the standard M16 to move around and with the 3x scope it's more accurate. Chambered in the Grendel it has more knock down power at any range then the 5.56. To put it blunt it's bad ***. I still think the 5.56 is a good round IF you can use hollow points. However, our men in uniform can not. Any way that's my version of the long story.

Page generated in 0.02652 seconds with 8 queries