View Single Post
Old November 8, 2011, 10:44 AM   #15
Bill Akins

Quote:
Jim Watson wrote:
I will continue to dismiss them as imitations for a repressive jurisdiction.
No disagreement from me on that point Jim. I agree that a repressive congressional jurisdiction (The N.F.A. as well as the A.T.F.) has violated our 2nd amendment federally since 1934. However, since we still like to have fun shooting what goes rat-a-tat-tat, unless we can afford tens of thousands of dollars for pre '86 machine guns, crank fire activated guns are a viable alternative to be able to at least engage in rat-a-tat-tat. Have you ever fired a crank fired gun? You might be surprised how fast and accurate they can shoot, especially when tripod mounted. I can easily keep all my rounds on a pie plate at 50 yards. And ultimately what does it matter to our pleasure of shooting it if it is a crank fired weapon rather than a full auto?
One of the members here (Andy Griffith) posted wondering why no one had made a Gatling repro for under 3K. I was simply showing rapid fire crank firing guns that were much cheaper alternatives to the Gatling that would be under the 3K mark he mentioned.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; November 8, 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries