View Single Post
Old February 24, 2008, 07:46 PM   #127
David Armstrong

Quote:
Do any of the posters who recommend chamber empty carry for SA autos also recommend carrying DA revolvers with the hammer on an empty chamber?
Although some in the past used to suggest that, I don't think anyone does any more given a modern revolver. Looked at logically, chamber empty in the revolver does not change the dynamics of anything except ammo capacity.
Quote:
....so much as suggesting the possibility that an arm will be disabled early in the fight via bullet wound, knife wound, grab, or pinning of the body by the assailant(s).
Sure. There are all sorts of possibilities. My point is fairly simple: if these possibilities were much of a problem in real life we would have found out about it by now. But, on the contrary, we just don't see any evidence of that being an issue. You can create any possibility to prove a point, but one needs to see just how realistic that possibility is.
Quote:
not, then time comparisons are a bit incomplete.
The time comparisons were not meant to be complete. They were meant to deal with a specific issue, that of the time needed to get a round off between chambered and unchambered firearm. Again, that is the realistic question. If one wants to test for all sorts of low-likelihood probabilities, I'm all for it.

Quote:
Why would you leave your door unlocked???
Well, yesterday we were having a little party. Sort of silly to keep locking and unlocking doors as the guests move around from the house to the patio to the deck to the game room. So all the outside doorw were unlocked. Right now the front door is unlocked, but the back door is locked. I don't feel particularly fearful of boogie men running in through the door. When I go to sleep tonight, after my daughter gets back in, we'll lock up. I'll probably lock up tomorrow while I'm at work, although I've left the place unlocked before so workmen could get in, and so on. Frankly, if I had to live someplace where I thought I needed to keep my house locked up 24 hours a day I think I'd move.

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries