View Single Post
Old December 7, 2002, 08:07 PM   #2
capbuster

We all get wake up calls from time to time and we all must strive to improve our awareness of what is going on around us. The older I get the more paranoid I become. You are to be commended that you did indeed notice your actions and the danger they could have created. Our local police department range was open to the public today and I made the scene. A friend who I introduced to handloading was next to me on the line shooting his Smith& Wesson revolver. He stopped and said that he had a misfire. We examined his handgun and noticed that a bullet was lodged in the barrel just inside the forcing cone. I believe that he had loaded a round up without any powder in it.Thank goodness he stopped when he noticed something was amiss and did not drive another round down the barrel. We got the bullet out with the help of a ball peen hammer and a screwdriver. I did not hestitate to warn him of what could have happen and to always check the powder level in his cases before he seated a bullet. I was talking to myself as well.

Page generated in 0.02510 seconds with 8 queries