View Single Post
Old June 24, 2013, 05:35 PM   #2
wpsdlrg

The real question to be answered first, in my opinion, is : what do you plan on doing with the LFP loads ? If this is only to be range ammo, then what does it matter (as long as the load is accurate)? If another use is contemplated, such as SD, then it's a different matter.

By coincidence, I just completed my testing of WST with my normal cast bullets, in the 9mm. As it happens, 3.5 grains is exactly the charge I have settled on - with 125 grain cast bullets (dia. 0.356" in my guns). COL on my loads is 1.08" (simply seated to give reliable feeding in my pistols). This load is proving to be very accurate for me and reliability has been perfect, so far. I have tried both LRN and LTC bullets (125 grains for both) - same results. I did test up to 3.7 grains, with these bullets, but found no advantage that I could discern. Accuracy in my pistols was no better, certainly. I got no leading with the 3.7 grain load, just as with the 3.5 grain load. The bullets I use are about BHN 15, by the way.

I see that you are asking about "reaching average" - I assume that you mean as regards some competitive shooting rules/ specs. Can't help you there. I do know that you do have some room to move, if you want hotter loads. I cannot tell you how far you can go, but that is a matter for testing, in your pistol, anyway. Whether it is worth it - that is for you to decide.

Page generated in 0.03572 seconds with 8 queries